Thursday, April 12, 2007

Unlimited Broadband Petition

Uswitch dropped us an email to encourage people to sign the petition for unlimited broadband to be as it says on the tin - unlimited...

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Unlimited-ADSL/

For those of you with unlimited broadband packages, did you know that most of them come with an invisible limit - often reffered to as the Fair Usage Policy, this means that if they think you use too much of your unlimited broadband they have the right to restrict it (either by speed or in some cases by switching it off). More and more we appreciate the Internet for media and use of our computers for watching high quality (better than DVD) movies, streaming radio stations and more you could quickly download a sizable chunk.

Thats why I support this, I am all for limiting peoples downloads - but you need to tell them, allow them to buy more or less according to each individuals needs (40gb is what we get through Sky at the moment, I don't think I need more at yet, but if I do ...)

Sorry, two posts so far and they have both been about broadband - I will try and make sure my next post is more financial, or at least interesting and off the broadband subject!

No comments: